- Working Session begins at 6:00 p.m.
- City Council meeting begins at 6:30 p.m.
- The 2nd Monday of each month in sessions open to the public.
- City Hall
103 Old Wrightsboro Road
Grovetown, GA 30813
Agendas are available prior to meetings.
View Most Recent Agendas
Be on Council Agenda
To be on the City Council meeting agenda, you must first fill out the City Council Agenda Request Form (PDF).
The City Council is comprised of a mayor and 4 members elected at-large to 4-year terms. Council members served staggered terms.
These elected officials are private citizens from all walks of life. Not only are they residents of our city, but they are also willing public servants who take very seriously their roles as representatives of our community. Take a moment to meet the Mayor and members of our City Council.
||201 3rd Avenue||706-863-9158
||207 5th Avenue
||304 Hardy Drive
||300 Taylor Circle||706-863-4576
||404 Williams Street
The City Council enacts ordinances and resolutions, adopts an annual budget, establishes the tax levy and otherwise takes such actions as are "necessary for the security, welfare, convenience and interest of the city." The authority and duties of the Council are delineated in the City Charter.
The City Council is the governing body of the City of Grovetown with direct responsibility for the formulation of City Policy. General responsibilities of the City Council include:
- Hearing views of the public on matters concerning city operations
- Defining the policy and goals of the city
- Improving the programs and organizations for achieving city goals and purposes
- Deciding how the financial resources of the city will be used
- Communicating the goals and concerns of the city to other legislative bodies
- Enacting all ordinances