- Planning and Community Development
- Zoning Code Revision
Zoning Code Revision
We want your input as the City of Grovetown works to revise our zoning code! Join us February 28th for a Public Information meeting and let us know your thoughts!
At the April 11, 2022 City Council Meeting, the Grovetown City Council directed staff to study, review, and revise the City’s Zoning Ordinance to include hiring an outside consultant to assist with the project. Mayor Jones appointed Councilwoman Fisher and Mayor Pro-Tem Blair to a committee to oversee the project.
At the August 8, 2022 City Council Meeting, the Grovetown City Council approved a contract for services with Kimley-Horn, whose team will work with City staff for the duration of the project.
The primary goals of the Zoning Code Revision are to adopt new standards in the areas currently identified as the “City Center Districts” that accomplish the following:
- Restore traditional residential zoning districts, similar to the existing R-2 and R-3 standards;
- Restore standard commercial zoning districts, with overlay standards applicable to the City’s main thoroughfares along Wrightsboro Road and Robinson Avenue;
- Modify landscaping standards to allow for removal of trees from single family lots and set minimum density standards; and
- Codify density limits for multifamily and townhome developments.
WE NEED YOU TO BE INVOLVED!
Throughout the process, we will ask the public and stakeholders to weigh in on important components of the new zoning code. The new zoning code is expected to be completed as early as March 2023. Thank you for your interest in this important process. Stay tuned to this webpage for important dates, detailed explanatory documents, and opportunities to participate.
Questions or Comments?
Please feel free to submit comments at any time throughout the process to:
Director of Planning and Community Development
706-863-4576, ext. 315
8/30/2022 Kick-Off Meeting Presentation
2/28/2023 Informational Handout
2/28/2023 Public Information Meeting Presentation
4/10/2023 City Council Meeting - 6PM at City Hall
8/30/2022 Zoning Code Kick-Off
2/28/2023 Public Information Meeting