- Serve the residents, business and property owners and visitors to our city with friendliness, courtesy and respect, treating each and every one in a fair and consistent manner within the guidelines established by the policies, rules and regulations of Grovetown.
- Provide affordable municipal services consistent with the resources available to us. To allocate these resources fairly to meet the needs of the community as a whole, while recognizing the special needs of various segments within the community.
- Keep the community informed about city programs and operations as well as their role in the governmental process. To conduct the city's business in an open and honest manner at all times.
- Remember that the level of service we provide is, to a large extent, dependent upon a strong business community. To provide and further enhance a strong economic base by encouraging respectable revenue-producing retail, commercial and industrial development compatible with the vision for our community's future.
- To provide quality parks, recreation opportunities, senior and youth programs and other activities. To foster and encourage a positive community spirit and pride in the community.
- Assure all Grovetown residents will be safe in their homes and neighborhoods. To be prepared for disasters and provide for the protection of life and property in such event. To recognize and promote individual property rights while ensuring that the rights of others are not infringed upon.
- Protect, maintain and enhance the city's public infrastructure, streets, sidewalks and public buildings and facilities. To anticipate long-term needs in these areas and to take the necessary steps to provide for those needs.
The City of Grovetown operates a municipally-owned water, wastewater and stormwater utility serving the residents of Grovetown.
Handles biweekly court and probation services.
The Accounting and Purchasing Department is responsible for all financial duties for the City
Human Resources is the main source for all personnel issues. For information on job postings please contact Elaine Matthews Personnel Director.
The City of Grovetown Leisure and Recreation Department seeks to provide safe and enjoyable recreation and leisure opportunities for a diverse population, increase tourism, initiate beautification projects, and promote environmental awareness.
The Department of Planning and Community Development is responsible for Community and Transportation Planning, Zoning, Building Inspections, Code Enforcement, Business and Alcohol Licenses and the issuance of Sign Permits.
Police and fire protection in the City of Grovetown are provided by the Department of Public Safety.
The Public Works Department provides many essential city services, such as recycling, rough trash collection, bulky item pickup, street maintenance, traffic sign and signal maintenance, street lighting and other essential services.