Leisure & Recreation
The City of Grovetown Leisure and Recreation Department seeks to provide safe and enjoyable recreation and leisure opportunities for a diverse population, increase tourism, initiate beautification projects, and promote environmental awareness. Recreation plays an important part in keeping our minds and bodies fit and active. We invite you to visit our parks, participate in our special events or recreation programs soon.
Governor Brian Kemp issued a public health state of emergency, Saturday. In an effort to mitigate the potential exposure of the novel coronavirus, or COVID-19, to citizens, City staff and visitors, Mayor Gary Jones, the City Administrator and Director of Leisure and Recreation have decided to close Liberty Park Community Center for the month of March. Cancelled programs at Liberty Park include the Senior Program, Senior Bingo, Line Dance, Dance2Fit, Church Group Rentals, Wrestling and Field Rentals. The City has several other rentals booked for the next few weeks, which are not open to the public. Those are also cancelled. Walk-ins were welcome, last week. Now, only employees will report to Liberty Park Community Center until further notice. While outside parks within the City of Grovetown will remain open, the restrooms will be closed to the public. The City apologizes for any inconvenience this has caused. At this time, the City is unsure whether events in April will be cancelled.
Keep up to date on what is happening in the Grovetown Leisure & Recreation Department by following us on Facebook!
- Handles all city sponsored events/programs to include the Annual Heritage Festival, Annual 4th of July Event, Farmers Markets and all other city sponsored events/programs
- Maintains the grounds in and around the parks and various buildings throughout the city
- Maintains green-ways within the city limits as well as the welcome signs coming into the city
- Maintains all city buildings and facilities
- Sets up practice games for various sport teams
- Schedules the rental of Liberty Park Community Center and meeting rooms.
- Assists other city departments as needed during the year